Welcome to the Ocean Springs Knights of Columbus Council 5654.
If you would like to talk to a Knight about membership or for more information, call Carl Brochard at 228-327-0066.
This is our May 2018 schedule.
GRAND KNIGHT’S REPORT Carl Brochard
We are just about over for this physical year and we still need some one to step up and take the Grand Knight office. We now have all of the offices that at least one person has agreed to take for now. I would hate for this council fold up because no one would take the Grand Knight position. It is not fair for me to keep on this job, but I am not able to do it anymore.
We had the KC convention this past week and considering it was at a Casino, which I personally don’t like conventions held at a Casino.
The Ladies did a great job with the new Council Banner, and it was used at the Convention for the first time this year.
CHAPLAIN’S CORNER Father Mike
FAMILY OF THE MONTH
The Family of the Month for April 2018 was Robert and Jane Sema. Congratulations!
Remember, if you see a family that needs to be recognized, please let me know so we can turn them in for a certificate of Family of the Month. Please turn the name over to the Family Director, which is Carl Brochard, (email@example.com)
YOUTH PROGRAM Youth Director Robert Sema
FOURTH DEGREE NEWS Faithful Navigator – Kenny Gonzales May 12, 4th Degree Exemplification, registration begins at 11 a.m.. Lunch at 12. Degree begins at 1 p.m. Let Skip or Kenny know if you are interested in joining.
May 15th, flag retirement ceremony at 2 p.m. Come out and help out. We need Knights in Regalia and folks to come out to honor the proper retirement ceremony for the flag of our great country. Ceremony will be helped out by St. Alphonsus 4th and 6th graders and the school choir.
- May 2, Regular meeting, 7 p.m. with members meeting in meeting room and ladies meeting in main hall.
- May 6, Breakfast, need help!
- May 9, we will vote on whether we will keep on having an open social at the meeting on the May 2nd meeting, since all we have are just a few people coming. Some one suggested that we do like the Biloxi Council and have it every three months. Come out and voice your opinion at the 1st meeting.
- May 12, 11 a.m., 4th Degree Exemplification. If you are a 3rd Degree, please let Skip Murphy or Kenny Gonzales know if you would like be a 4th degree member.
- May 16, 3rd degree KC meeting, 7 p.m.
- May 20, breakfast, need help!
- May 23, 4th degree meeting, 7 p.m. still need for members to step up for the positions,
- May 25,26, we will do the Tootsie Roll sales at the (2) Brooms stores on Washington and East Government Streets. Please sign up for this. I will have the sign up sheets at the May 2nd meeting.
(((HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL MAY MEMBERS )))
FROM THE EDITOR Larry Skinner
Send us your news! We would like to see a brief message from all committees in the newsletter. This will ensure members that cannot attend meetings are up to date with council activities